Between 1 May and 14 September 2018, the 1,017-capacity venue attracted over a record-breaking 30,000 visitors both from inland and abroad with more than 40 mainstage productions performed right in the the greenest heart - the so-called Great Forest area - of Debrecen, Hungary.
In its 24th season in a row, the Nagyerdei Open Air Theatre once again presented the truly best of what Hungarian entertainment currently has on offer, with packed houses guaranteed almost every evening.
Among others, the 2018 season's programme included the following theatre performances:
- Agatha Christie: THE UNEXPECTED GUEST - A Play in Two Acts (Madách Theatre, Budapest)
- Florian Zeller: THE TRUTH - A Comedy in One Act (Centrál Theatre, Budapest)
- Ferenc Molnár: THE PAUL STREET BOYS - A Musical in Two Acts (Pannon Castle Theatre, Veszprém)
- Ferenc Molnár: ONE, TWO, THREE - A Comedy in One Act (Kultúrbrigád - Átrium Film-Theatre, Budapest)
- Ballet Pécs: CARMEN - Dance Theatre in Two Acts (Ballet Pécs)
- Jean Poiret: HAPPY EASTER! - A Comedy in Two Acts (Játékszín Theatre - TG Production, Budapest)
- Alfonso Paso: LET'S TELL LIES! - A Comedy in Two Acts (Játékszín Theatre, Budapest)
- L'ART POUR SUMMER CABARET - Cabaret in One Act (L'art pour l'art Company, Budapest)
- Oscar Wilde: LADY WINDEMERE'S FAN - A Comedy in Two Acts (Thália Theatre, Budapest)
- Imre Kálmán: THE DUCHESS OF CHICAGO - An Operetta in Two Acts (Budapest Operetta and Musical Theatre)
- Michael Frayn: BALMORAL - A Comedy in Two Acts (Thália Theatre, Budapest)
- Dániel Dinyés - Éva Duda - György Hegyi: FRIDA - Music Theatre in Two Acts (Budapest Operetta and Musical Theatre - Éva Duda Dance Company)
- Zsolt Pozsgai - Sándor Román: THE BALLAD OF THE PEARL-HAIRED GIRL - A Musical in Two Acts (ExperiDance Production, Budapest)
- István Mohácsi: FRENCH POLE-JUMPING - A Comedy in Two Acts (Manna & Orlai Productions, Budapest)
- Péter Mika: #EASTSIDESTORY - Street Dance Theatre in One Act (Nagyerdei Open Air Theatre Production)
Although most performances are performed in Hungarian, every summer there is also a number of shows - especially musicals, concerts, folklore and dance shows - that can be enjoyed both by locals and international visitors of Debrecen.
We very much look forward to welcoming You and your guests again at our next, 2019 season; until then please take a look at our official 2018 aftermovie below to catch a glimpse of the Nagyerdei Open Air Theatre's unimitably beautiful and vibrant atmosphere.