Outdoor Stage of the Nagyerdő, Lake Békás, Debrecen.
15th Debrecen Wine Carnival
Featuring Hungary's most acclaimed wines
"Be wise, strain the wine; and since life is brief, prune back far-reaching hopes! Even while we speak, envious time has passed: pluck the day, putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow!"
(Quintus Horatius Flaccus)
Every August Hungary’s most beautiful wines are on display at Northeastern Hungary's most acclaimed wine festival. Accompanied by entertaining live music near Lake Békás in the heart of Debrecen's Nagyerdő area, this event is a must for all wine connoisseurs.
Good wine needs no bush - except for Debrecen's Wine Carnival!
Highlights from the festival include:
• Ten Hungarian wine regions represented by thirty family-owned businesses;
• Special tasting sessions introducing quality Hungarian pálinkas (schnapps), fruit wines and champagnes
• Traditional Hungarian oven-baked and cauldron-cooked dishes
• Quality home-made cheeses only from Hungarian producers
• Traditional Food Fair, Art and Craft Fair
Entertainment provided by top Hungarian bands including: Mojo WorKings, Pribolyszki Mátyás Trio, Sonny and the Wild Cows, Fourtissimo, Kilele Swing Cats, an acoustic version of P. Box, Bakator, Szeredás, Kerekes Band, MagyarVista Social Club and many more.
Opening times: Thu 16h-midnight, Fri-Sat 12h-midnight, Sun 12-22h.